Last Updated: August 1, 2018
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newletters and updates from us;
- When you participate in surveys or panels;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving CivicSalon, LLC;
- When you participate in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the Website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the Website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
When you interact with any CivicSalon, LLC page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, or Instagram, or when you use your social media account or credentials to log in to the Website, we may also collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or through that account, including your account ID or “handle.”
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.